This article was one of the more difficult articles to understand so far in this course. I think I have understood the concept between collecting and curating. Collecting being more random and superficial and curating being selective and linked and intertwined to promote higher-level thinking. As a new teacher, this year I have collected, collected and collected tons of resources everywhere I have gone. I have catalogued my course work, filed binders donated to me by my sponsor teachers and even alphabetized PE drills. After reading this article, I am aware now that I have collected but not curated these items. Are all of these items and articles useful moving forward as a teacher? Will they be relevant to my students or to the curriculum itself?
Now that I am moving back in with my parents, temporarily, I will be forced to minimize my belongings. I will need to go through each box carefully and thoughtfully. Having read this article I will be careful to look at each document and binder and question its relevancy when decided its eventual fate.
No comments:
Post a Comment