One of the examples that Bearden mentioned in her text was a teacher who was surprised when a student asked to take a picture of something on the board instead of taking notes. I encountered a very similar situation during my practicum when I asked my students to take out their agendas to write down the homework for the evening. A couple students approached the board and pulled out their phones to take pictures of the 'homework list'. I was confused at first and then understood! What a change in the way students learn and keep organized!
I agree, as well, that when devices are permitted in the classroom students are less likely to use them inappropriately. When students feel as though they are 'trusted' by the teacher I think, in order to maintain the trust and benefits, the majority will abide by the rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment